My name is Amanda Staley. I am a very positive person who loves nature, animals, practicing yoga, and all things book related. I am a records manager at a police department by day, but by night and weekend I am a writer and amateur photographer. I recently finished my first novel Reverie and I am currently working on the first book in the series Dissonance.
My personal motto:
To be present in the moment and to smile everyday.
- A typical work day begins with… the alarm going off and me wishing it were Friday, while promptly hitting the snooze button 3 times before dragging myself out of bed to head for the shower. I am like a cranky walking zombie before my shower!
- I lose track of time… when I am doing anything I enjoy, especially when writing, reading or playing video games 🙂
- I have always… been fascinated by history. I have always wanted to know the story behind an old house, or a name on a gravestone. I always believed that was why I loved to write. I can make up my own story about what happened.
- I have never… given up on a person I consider a friend.
- Home means to me… I used to think home was where our family was, but as we have gotten older, we have discovered home is where my fiancé and I can pursue our own happiness. A place where we can engage in our hobbies, find work, enjoy ourselves, and be around others with similar hobbies and moral values.
- I am inspired by… nature in all forms, one of my favorite things to do is watch the birds eat at the feeder outside our kitchen window. I am also inspired by music. I do the majority of my writing with music playing in the background.
- I would like to meet… His Holiness The Dalai Lama. He has mastered technique of compassion and easing of suffering. I feel just being in his presence watching his interactions with others could teach a person so much.
- My worst character trait… I get frustrated by individuals who ask for advice on how to handle a situation, and but always find an excuse external to themselves for the issue, while refusing to make a conscious effort change; even when they acknowledge the need for change.
- My best character trait… I never give up. No matter how bleak the circumstance may be, I can always see the bright side and find hope in the situation.
- The best advice I was given… was to forge my own path and not to worry what others may think.