Hey everyone, my name is Stephanie Thomas or S.J. Thomas. I’m a writer whose first book should be out by the end of this year. Fingers crossed! Currently, I’m working on my third thriller novel in my Detective Knight series. In my spare time, I like to garden, explore the psychology behind the crime, and be with my husband and our furry family. Oh, and on my blog I love to review books, talk about books, and sometimes post random things that have nothing to do with books. Gotta spice it up once in a while 😉
Links to blog/websites:
My personal motto:
I have two…
“This above all – to thine own self be true . . . ” ~ Shakespeare
“Nothing in life that’s worthwhile is ever easy” ~ Nicholas Sparks
- A typical work day begins with… hitting the snooze or listening to the radio if a good song is on. Who wants to get up for that dreary day job anyway?
- I lose track of time… when I’m writing or reading. Love being in that feel-good fuzzy flow state. If I could read and write all day, every day, I so would.
- I have always… loved to read. Ever since I can remember, books were my friends who opened their worlds to me and helped me discover my passion for writing.
- I have never… drank coffee or liked peanut butter and jelly together. Ever. Yuck.
- Home means to me… being with my husband and our fur-kids. It’s one of my favorite things in the whole world. Throw in some popcorn, a few good books, a computer for writing, and I’m set. Utter bliss.
- I am inspired by… my vivid dreams, the beauty in nature, music, books, animals, love… so much in life is inspiring… just have to look around or close your eyes. 🙂
- I would like to meet… several friends I’ve made on wordpress. Would love to meet you all, have some tea, discuss books, life, anything and everything. So happy I started this blog. 🙂
As for famous people… I’d kinda like to meet James Patterson and Bon Jovi.
- My worst character trait… ha, so many to choose from… probably when I’m taking to people in person I can come off as a little blunt. Then I’m like, wow that was so not how it sounded in my head. That’s probably because I’m nervous, thinking of a million things, and just trying to get the words out. Thank goodness I’m a writer… it’s almost like the words slow down and everything makes sense. Oh, and if I write it wrong I can always edit it. Wish I could communicate that way with everyone.
- My best character trait… Hmmm… I’m usually pretty hard on myself, so it’s not easy to think of one… let’s see… maybe that I’m willing to do anything for a friend or family member or animal in need. Breaks my heart to see others in pain.
- The best advice I was given… is from my Dad, “Develop a selectively thick skin and don’t be afraid to stand up for yourself.” (Even though the thought of being assertive in person still strikes fear into my heart.)