Hi, I’m Tom. I blog at Movies & Music Café. I blog about, well, movies and music! I am thirty-three and have a wonderful wife (Jenna) and an amazing son (Lucas) with a new arrival due in March. I spend my time with my family, with my friends, watching movies and football (soccer for you Yanks!) and listening to music. All of these activities have dropped off in frequency since my son appeared two and a half years ago!
My personal motto:
I have three, all stolen from others:
“Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans” – John Lennon
“Tomorrow may rain, so I’ll follow the sun” – The Beatles (I have this tattooed on my back!)
“We are here for a good time, not a long time” – Matt Le Tissier ( Southampton footballer)
- A typical work day begins with… me watching a couple of Thomas the Tank Engine episodes with Lucas in bed. Then I get up and force myself to work. After which I check out my blog. Haha. Sorry work!
- I lose track of time… When I’m on my iPad. Sad I know, but I can write on it, procrastinate on it, watch stuff on it, listen to music on it, animate on it! Everything I like doing, in one place. IN BED!!!!!!!!
- I have always… taken the easy option, partly through lack of confidence and fear, and partly due to laziness. I must correct this as soon as possible.
- I have never… tried a cup of tea, which is weird as I’m British and we love it apparently.
- Home means to me… my family. Spending time with my wife and son. Going for walks in our lovely coastal village, Warsash.
- I am inspired by… genuine people who are interested in interesting stuff, but can also have a down to earth chat in the pub.
- I would like to meet… Keith Richards I think. Or maybe Sir David Attenborough.
- My worst character trait… I am impatient. I want to run before I can walk, and consequently don’t learn to walk very well! When I first started learning guitar I quickly dropped Mary Had A Little Lamb and grabbed some Hendrix. Needless to say, I never did master that instrument!
- My best character trait… I’m thoughtful and am always happy to help people I think. Maybe I need to do a George Bailey from It’s A Wonderful Life and see what everyone else would say though!
- The best advice I was given… My Dad always says “Why put off til tomorrow what you can do today” That’s the best advice I’ve been given, I just don’t follow it very often!