I was first published in the literary journal at Tarrant County Junior College. I went on to earn a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theatre from Southwest Texas State University. I spent a lot of years lost in the gap between where I wanted to be and where life had taken me. Did too many things that took me farther away from the life I wanted to live. Finally, I’ve gotten back to doing what I always wanted to do, tell stories, and I’m home again. I hope you’ll let me share some with you.
You can connect with me at:
“Clarketacular Tales” Blog: clarketacular.wordpress.com
(I’m on nearly every social network as “Clarketacular”)
My personal motto:
Whatever it is you dream of doing, do it. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Do it.
- A typical work day begins with… breakfast (usually cereal and orange juice), and sitting down to do my daily social networking and forum posting.
- I lose track of time… when I am really lost in writing, “in the zone” as it were.
- I have always… loved to bring stories to life, whether through writing, acting, or other creative endeavor.
- I have never… been in love with someone who was also in love with me.
- Home means to me… safety, security, the ability to let down your walls and be your unfettered self.
- I am inspired by… people who refuse to let fear hold them back.
- I would like to meet… great historical and literary figures long since gone.
- My worst character trait… I’m very emotional, can lose my temper at times and have a tendency to assume the worst.
- My best character trait… I don’t judge people, I treat everyone the same no matter what walk of life they are from.
- The best advice I was given… to never “let things pass” which you know to be wrong. Don’t sit down and be quiet. Rock the boat. Take a stand and give your objection a voice. Things don’t change unless you make them.
Missing Time (313 series, 1 of 3) by J. David Clarke (mytrainofthoughtson.wordpress.com)
Time Spent (313 series, 2 of 3) by J. David Clarke (mytrainofthoughtson.wordpress.com)
my favorite would be #6 🙂
“4. I have never… been in love with someone who was also in love with me.” That is a story in itself. I think whole books, movies and series episodes have gone to this subject of reciprocating love or rather, lack thereof. Great point!