Alana Munro is the best-selling author of Women Behaving Badly – Exposing the Truth about Female Friendship. She’s currently working on her second book. When she’s not busy trying to tidy up after her three young kids, she is also running her business Reach for the Stars Book Marketing and Design which offers affordable and fair pricing for all authors.
You can find out more about Alana by visiting her popular blog: http://alanamunroauthor.com/
My personal motto:
Keep moving forward and never be scared to try new things!
- A typical work day begins with… endless cups of tea, replying to all emails I can in-between playing with Thomas the Tank engine or messing around with play-doh with my three year old. I just have to grab 5 minutes here and there when my little one is busy!
- I lose track of time… when I am reading a good book. Isn’t that a wonderful way to spend an hour. I need to do it more often.
- I have always… been ridiculously nurturing and maternal. I love kids, animals and now I mentor/support other authors and writers! I am happiest when I am soothing people and showing them a clear path.
- I have never… tried sky-diving, bungee jumping, surfing, swimming with sharks…yet.
- Home means to me… anywhere that my kids and husband happen to be. If we all lived under a rock, it would still be our home.
- I am inspired by… people who face their fears and worries head on. People who stand up for other people. People who have principles and values that they stand by. People who use their power, money or opportunity to create positive change in the world.
- I would like to meet… John Pilger. He is an Australian journalist who exposes the truth behind the headlines. He’s incredibly insightful and has educated me on so many global issues.
- My worst character trait… I am too sensitive. I am getting better but some days I feel unsteady on my feet and anything can make me cry. Those are the days I am best staying indoors and eating my body weight in chocolate.
- My best character trait… I believe in fairness and justice. I’d die fighting for the right thing. I like that I have passion in my belly. It makes for interesting conversations!
- The best advice I was given… tomorrow is another day. Today might be a nightmare, but don’t worry – go to sleep, take time out and most things seem manageable after some sleep. (Wine, chocolate, shopping for shoes, hugs – help too!)
+++ +++ +++ +++ +++ +++ +++ +++ +++ +++ +++