Valerie O’Brien is a writer from the Midwest. She loves to write poetry and short stories. Her work has been featured in Spirits and the Haiku Journal. Currently, she’s working on a first novel called Numb.
You can connect with me at:
My personal motto:
Live your passion with reckless abandon.
- A typical work day begins with… writing my thoughts in a journal.
- I lose track of time… when I crochet; it’s the repetitiveness that helps me zone out.
- I have always… wanted to explore life in other countries, especially Japan.
- I have never… learned how to swim.
- Home means to me… a sanctuary for family and unconditional love.
- I am inspired by… much: art, fashion, life, music, people, photography, and nature.
- I would like to meet… two of my favorite women writers: Toni Morrison and Ellen Hopkins.
- My worst character trait… is clumsiness.
- My best character trait… is compassion.
- The best advice I was given… came from my best friend who told me to let my voice sing in print.