I’ve always loved creating stories, it’s something I have never stopped doing. I have gone through many phases and hobbies, but writing and stories are the things that have remained throughout my life.
It wasn’t until last December that something clicked in me and I just knew I wanted to do it as my career. I am very determined when I put my mind to something, and becoming a writer is something I am incredibly motivated to achieve!
Getting lost in characters and stories is my life, and I can’t think of any other way to spend it. 😀
Goodreads : https://www.goodreads.com/MishkaJenkins
My personal motto:
‘Just do it.’
- A typical work day begins with… a pot of tea. Can’t work without tea!
- I lose track of time… when I’m writing, which I suspect is the same answer for most writers. 😀 I completely lose myself when I start getting into writing, my head is completely into the story and characters. I can look up a few hours later and wonder where the time has gone, and then realise how much I was supposed to have done!
- I have always… been creative. From since I can remember I have been trying to create stories in one way or another. Comics and art were my preferred form, but drawing takes a long time and I am very impatient. Writing is not exactly any quicker, but it certainly gives me that feeling of producing a full story that I can lose myself in, and hopefully others will feel the same.
- I have never… flown. I have never been on an airplane or been near one. I have an awful fear of flying, I can’t even look at them in the sky without feeling faint!
- Home means to me… comfort. I can come home, put on the kettle and cuddle down with my dog and everything is OK. No matter how bad the day has been, coming home means it’s done and I can relax and let it all go.
- I am inspired by… everything! I can look at an advertisement and sometimes find one tiny spark of inspiration. I can’t stop myself from finding inspiration in everything nowadays.
- I would like to meet… David Gaider. He’s a writer for the company Bioware, who make video games. He writes such incredible characters at a level I hope to achieve one day. I’d love to meet him and get his advice and any tips he’d like to impart.
- My worst character trait… impatience. I’m terrible with waiting, I don’t like doing it at all! If I can’t have something instant, then I get very antsy about it.
- My best character trait… my sense of humour, according to my family when I asked them this question. 😀
- The best advice I was given… To just get on with what I want, and not worry about what everyone else thought or what they were doing. It’s my life, I need to live it for me. 🙂
An exquisite wedding gift. A husband whom she loves. A Jester who she craves. A Kingdom in peril.
After receiving a beautiful emerald amulet at the celebrations of her wedding, new Queen Marie finds solace in the stunning, yet strange amulet. A warm comfort that fills the hole that her husband has left with his distance at her every affectionate touch.
That is until the new Jester arrives, his presence fuelling in Marie an instant burning need.
The more she finds herself drawn to the enigmatic man, the quicker she realises he is anything but the fool.
Marie must make a choice, one that could not only affect her marriage and her life…
But her entire Kingdom.
Stolen away from her humdrum life, Imogen is thrown into a dark world where the creatures from tales are not only real, but rule the realm.
In this world of dark, moonlight is Imogen’s only source of safety, but the moon’s glow reveals a lot more than she ever realised. She soon learns her heritage and bloodline are what put her in danger, and the reason these vampires are keeping her hostage. But with a father who doesn’t even care enough to call, how was she supposed to know?
Held captive by the vampire leader, Bane, and his brother, Caden, Imogen must find a way to keep herself alive. Yet, the longer she remains, the more she wonders whether those she feared are the ones she should trust, as new truths continue to shine through.
When Bane shows Imogen that life in a world of dark can be more enlightening than her own sunlit realm, it seems that, though he may have stolen her from home, she risks him stealing her heart as well.
Ancient Rome is a dangerous place, in more ways than one.
Captured by slavers, distraught but determined Sabina is thrust into the world of gladiators. Disguised as a man, she struggles to remain undetected whilst navigating through her new life.
But love forces its way into her focus again and when a haunting figure from her past remerges, the couple’s fate is to be decided in the Heart of the Arena.
+++ +++ +++ +++ +++ +++ +++ +++ +++ +++ +++ +++ +++ +++ +++
Dear friends and readers:
Let us celebrate Mishka Jenkins for the second time today – here on https://mytrainofthoughtson.wordpress.com! All three books were released today!
Congratulations, Mishka! 🙂