I am an early 30 something aspiring children’s writer, photographer and will be publishing my first book on Amazon in 2016. I have always loved reading growing up and was dubbed the bookworm out of all my siblings. I enjoy creative writing, composing music and playing piano and guitar on my spare time when I am not working. I went to College and took Early Childhood Education, music and choral conducting. My plan is to travel far and wide take pictures, and write some music along the way. I started out working full-time at a daycare and found I was especially good at making up kids stories & songs during circle time. I eventually found my way to WordPress and it was a great creative outlet for me. I have learned so much about social media and enjoy learning whatever I can about marketing and self publishing.
My personal motto:
“Life is a one way ticket – use it wisely, make it matter.”
- A typical work day begins with… checking my Pinterest and email accounts.
- I lose track of time… Story of my life. At night when I ‘am writing and glance over, the clock says 10pm and in my mind 5 more minutes, I glance over again and the clock reads 3am.
- I have always… hated Wednesdays. It’s an indecisive day of the week.
- I have never… ran a marathon and don’t plan on it.
- Home means to me… a welcoming place with lots of books, a writing desk with ample supply of pen & paper, and lots of VanGogh.
- I am inspired by… people who don’t give up.
- I would like to meet… Sidney Poitier, Benedict Cumberbatch, John Green, Hayao Miyazaki (Animator), Quentin Blake, Tyler Perry & Morgan Freeman.
- My worst character trait… disorganized.
- My best character trait… creative.
- The best advice I was given… don’t step on Lego, stop complaining, work harder and find something you love doing.
Dear readers, please visit Erin’s awesome website: