Jack Flacco is the author of RANGER MARTIN AND THE ALIEN INVASION. His blend of action, suspense and dark humor offers the reader a new perspective on the horror genre. The second book in the RangerMartin series will publish on October 21.Flacco and his family live in Ontario, Canada. When he is not writing, he volunteers his time. Past work includes acting in youth theater outreach for nursing homes, ushering at his church, and getting involved with scouts. Supporting his wife, she served on the leadership council for the local home education network and on the library advisory board responsible for the purchase of new books for children and young adults.Jack and his wife currently contribute to a wide variety of charitable organizations. Holding dear the importance of universal literacy, they donate books to individual families in need.
My personal motto:
- A typical work day begins with… taking a half-hour walk at 5:30 in the morning in order to allow the country air to spur ideas for my next writing session.
- I lose track of time… when I’m listening to music, since it unlocks my mind to memories I hadn’t had in a long time.
- I have always… enjoyed a good movie on a Saturday night with my wife, snacks and a rolling fire to keep us warm.
- I have never… eaten lobster. Love salmon, though, especially in sushi.
- Home means to me… being with the family, cooking, watching movies, and taking walks.
- I am inspired by… the majestic sunset over the Italian Alps. The thundering water of Niagara Falls. The quiet evenings when the stars shine brightly revealing the universe’s awesomeness.
- I would like to meet… Queen Elizabeth, not only because I’ve admired her from the time I was old enough to know who she is, but because she also reminds me of a great aunt in the family who I’ve heard of but never met. Tea and crumpets would sound divine on a Sunday afternoon..
- My worst character trait… I’m not telling.
- My best character trait… is remaining focused. I have a tendency to visualize the future as if it has already happened. That clear vision for what’s to come has led to some incredible experiences I wouldn’t have otherwise attained had I not been able to see the finish line up ahead.
- The best advice I was given… was from my Tenth Grade English teacher who once featured a short story of mine to the class and noted how I had painted a scene with action. He said that I should try doing something with my writing, which I’d never forgotten.
Dear friends and readers:
I am very honoured to present Jack’s 10 statements today. Until I met him (online), I thought I knew about zombies. Whenever in doubt about zombies, their behaviour, strategies against them – Jack is your man.
This being the third day of the five-day-special-feature on Canadian author Jack Flacco, you can be looking forward to learning about his three favourite quotes and on my review of Ranger Martin And The Alien Invasion! 🙂