(just started that one!)
My personal motto:
“Bend. Don’t Break.
- A typical work day begins with… breakfast for the kids, then a desperate 10-minute nap to wring as much sleep from the morning as possible.
- I lose track of time… during my lunch hour.
- I have always… had an aversion to most white and yellow foods. Cheeses, eggs, yogurts, mayo, creams, or cremes. Exceptions would include the middle of Oreos.
- I have never… been to New York City. It’s very embarrassing.
- Home means to me… a place where you feel comfortable putting your feet on the couch.
- I am inspired by… China Mieville, for stretching his unique style and vision to cover several types of genres. Geniuses like John Steinbeck and Donna Tartt who can arrange a seemingly ordinary series of words and punctuation and use them to encapsulate and broaden all of human existence.
- I would like to meet… the first stranger who bought my book. Who was this person? What were they thinking?
- My worst character trait… I’m too antisocial.
- My best character trait… I’d like to think I’m fairly resilient.
- The best advice I was given… ‘You must be willing to kill your darlings.’ I’m not sure I’ve evolved enough as a writer to follow this advice totally. But I can see how it can be kind of liberating to view every part of your work as possibly expendable. And a great passage that doesn’t work in one novel might end up working perfectly in another.
Dear readers, please stay tuned for my upcoming review!