Alyssa Cooper is a Canadian writer with a graphic design diploma and a passion for story telling. She collects old books and antique typewriters, and has a preference for the darker side of fiction.
Alyssa is the author of three traditionally published books, Salvation, Benjamin, and Cold Breath of Life, as well as an independently produced collection called Whispers, and her first self-published novel, The Witches of Armour Hill: Switch.
She’s currently living in Kingston, Ontario with her cats, her cacti, and her personal library, while she works diligently on The Witches of Armour Hill, Book Two: Twisted.
My personal motto:
In honour of my newest release: “We must always remember we are born of flame.”
- A typical work day begins with… apple-sauce through a straw; it’s my version of coffee.
- I lose track of time… doing pretty much anything. I have a terrible sense of time.
- I have always… been obsessed with the strange and unusual.
- I have never… wanted to do anything but write.
- Home means to me… somewhere I can cook breakfast in my underwear.
- I am inspired by… epic world-builders, like J.R.R. Tolkien and George R.R. Martin.
- I would like to meet… a real witch someday.
- My worst character trait… I can be horribly pessimistic.
- My best character trait… I can also be wonderfully optimistic.
- The best advice I was given… why pay the publisher when you’re the one doing all the work?
Switch (The Witches of Armour Hill, #1)
Release Date: July 20, 2015
Review: The Motel Room