My personal motto:
“Campaigning to link more readers with writers.”
- A typical work day begins with… breakfast at my desk in my pyjamas running through the social media which occurred around the world while I slept. Then I get posting my own posts before dealing with the children and getting them off to school and college.
- I lose track of time… dealing with all the book review requests and sharing blog posts and tweets. I’ve been known to leave pasta cooking forever and hearing popping from the kitchen because I left eggs to boil and they used up all the water. I’ve even rushed straight from my desk to pick the kids up from school, forgetting the vegetables that were cooking and coming home to the fire alarm going off and them burnt in the pan. Now the family ask if I have anything cooking if they know I’m at the computer for a long period.
- I have always… enjoyed learning new skills and social media is always offering something new to keep up with. When I started out I didn’t know how to blog, or what Twitter was, now I look at my analytics, create pictures and constantly want to learn new skills to spread the word about great books.
- I have never… owned an iPhone or ipad, I run my blogging hobby from my home desk top computer. This is about to end as I want to explore instagram for book reviews and I know there are lots of apps that I want to try out for pictures, so I’m hoping Santa will bring me an ipad.
- Home means to me… family, peace and quiet and a place to relax and read a good book. But I would love an interior designer to come and revamp my conservatory and make it a book themed den for my reading.
- I am inspired by… lots of things, at the moment it is Louise Hay and her positive outlook on life through affirmations. She writes some amazing books like “Heal your Life” and “You Can Do It” I have read four or five of her books and never tire of them.
- I would like to meet… an Angel or my guardian Angel and have a good chat about what I’m here on earth to achieve. I always feel I’m on the right path when I’m helping others, but a face to face meet would be great.
- My worst character trait… I get really enthusiastic about new ideas, but often I haven’t thought about the details and then I back track and talk myself out of them. I have a friend who knows me as “That Mad Blogger”.
- My best character trait… I LOVE READING! What better character trait could a book blogger need? I’m the best person to buy for at Birthdays and Christmas because books or Amazon vouchers for books are ALWAYS greatly accepted.
- The best advice I was given… On a bad day I have this written on my wall… “As much as I love my blog, I am not this blog. It is an extension of me; of my way with words and the craft I am continually honing. But it is NOT me. A negative comment is not an attack on my character or me as a person. It is one reader or author who didn’t like what I wrote. And this is fine.” I tweaked this to fit with blogging, but an author could easily change the word “blog” for “book”, to help them when they get a review that hurts.
This quote sits next to the lyrics for “Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life” by Eric Idle which I also sing when things get me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiu0lYQIPqE (Watch the video and the song comes in a few minutes)
Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse
When you’re chewing on life’s gristle
Don’t grumble, give a whistle
And this’ll help things turn out for the best…
…always look on the bright
side of life…
Always look on the light
side of life…
If life seems jolly rotten
There’s something you’ve forgotten
And that’s to laugh and smile and dance and sing
When you’re feeling in the dumps
Don’t be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle
– that’s the thing.
And…always look on the bright
side of life…
Always look on the right side
For life is quite absurd
And death’s the final word
You must always face the curtain
with a bow
Forget about your sin – give the
audience a grin
Enjoy it – it’s your last chance
So always look on the bright
side of death…
a-Just before you draw your terminal breath…
Life’s a piece of shit, when you look at it
Life’s a laugh and death’s a joke, it’s true
You’ll see its all a show, keep ’em laughin’ as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you
Always look on the bright
side of life…
Rosie’s Book Review Team #RBRT
Dear readers, if you want to find out more about the team members and their preferences – please visit Rosie’s wonderful blog.