My personal motto:
“Every day do something that scares you.”
- A typical work day begins with… coffee… lots of coffee. Boring, I know. I tried to better myself and switch to tea. Two days and I was homicidal. Yes, unabashedly American.
- I lose track of time… when I read or write. Stories capture me and I am instantly transported. Audiobooks in the car….OMG. Never again.
- I have always… dreamed of doing what I do now: write stories for a living and hang with other story lovers.
- I have never… had enough confidence. Thankfully, and due to my grandmothers, I have courage—and can handle a lot of rejection.
- Home means to me… where I am. I am a nomad, a traveler, and adventurer.
- I am inspired by… learning new things, meeting new people, traveling to new places. The world and the people who inhabit it are endlessly fascinating and inspiring.
- I would like to meet… my grandchildren. Would someone please mention this to my son and daughter-in-law. Not pushing… but, I’m getting older here.
- My worst character trait… I get bored in a nanosecond. Off to the next adventure… My brain needs endless stimulation.
- My best character trait… I love people, in all their shapes, sizes, beliefs, colors, etc.
- The best advice I was given… My ex-husband once told me, “Don’t believe your worst press and don’t believe your best press. The truth is somewhere in the middle.” Applies pretty well to stories and to life.