Yolanda De Iuliis was born in North Ayrshire, Scotland, in 1985. She grew up with an Italian/Irish background which soon led to an awareness of identity confusion within herself. From the age of 20 she left the countryside to explore not only city life but to encounter the other side of the world and for over ten years has been travelling to every continent to gain as much knowledge and experience as possible. After ten years of writing and collecting her autobiographical poetry she published ‘Underneath my Soul’ (2015) which shows her growing from adolescence to adulthood using only poetry as a means of telling her story. Her second book The memoirs of ‘I’’ is due for release in April 2016.
De Iuliis resides in her home town of Irvine, Ayrshire, for the time being and her current academic venture is Classical Studies combined with Modern Greek. French and Greek philosophies have also been studied and observed to motivate her mind in producing different thoughts and ideas. Her passion to write and provide an insight for others is not only her mission but her reason to exist.
Official Website: http://www.yolandadeiuliis.com/
My personal mottoes:
“Be completely in the present.“
“One door shall close but another will always open.“
- A typical work day begins with… usually waking myself up early and starting university around 9am through The Open University. I am currently finishing my first year of Classical Studies along with Modern Greek. 🙂
- I lose track of time… when I am travelling, it is when I feel most free.
- I have always… wanted to travel, be a writer and study which I am currently doing. 🙂
- I have never… been to South Africa and it is a must for me one day!!
- Home means to me… love, wherever love is then this is home for me.
- I am inspired by… thinkers, philosophers, people who get out and live life to the fullest!
- I would like to meet… Madonna, she is my old time fav!
- My worst character trait… I always have to be doing something…
- My best character trait… I am one of the most productive people you will ever meet. 🙂
- The best advice I was given… “Never give up!”
The Memoirs of ‘I’ by Yolanda De Iuliis
The Memoirs of ‘I’ by Yolanda De Iuliis is a philosophical, thoughtful and soulful book in which De Iuliis reflects on a daily basis over a one year period of her life. It takes the reader through many ideas, dreams, questions and different concerns with life and this planet in which we all share.
“To sought out solace within yourself is the most difficult challenge and is quickly ignored by many, thus can only be achieved when you find truth within oneself” – Yolanda De Iuliis
“We must remember that beauty is dictated from the spectators opinion therefore anyone can be beautiful depending on who is watching you” – Yolanda De Iuliis
“To make one think is to change a generation, to build one thought is to grow a better world” – Yolanda De Iuliis
Pre-order Now: April 2016 – Release date to be confirmed:
Underneath my Soul by Yolanda De Iuliis
A life collection of poetry by Yolanda De Iuliis, published September 2015. Written over a 10 year period of her life. This book gives you an insight in the process of growing up and becoming an adult through poetry.
Introduction from ‘Underneath my Soul’ by Yolanda De Iuliis
“Ten years it has taken to create these words I present to you. It is about a true journey of growing up from a teenager to an adult and seeing the world in many different ways.
Part one will take you through my teenage years; part two carries on to my adulthood and shows the growth within my soul, writings and experiences. I thank anyone who has brought smiles, laughter and pain into my life because that is where my art is formed so beautifully.”