R. F. Kristi is the author of the Inca Book Series. Her target audiences are children and animal lovers. The series is based on the escapades of a feisty Siberian kitty who considers herself a great sleuth.
‘The Cats Who Crossed Over From Paris’ was released in June 2016 and the ‘Christmas Cats’ followed in December 2016. The third in the series – ‘Cats in Provence’ is currently bubbling and will be completed sometime in February 2017.
Kristi holds a doctorate in economic development and has worked in several international organizations. She has traveled and lived in many countries around the globe. She is fluent in English and French.
Kristi lives in Paris with her family and two cats, Inca and Cara. She is passionate about animal rescue efforts.
For more information see: www.incabookseries.com
My personal motto:
“When you give, don’t expect anything in return but the pleasure of giving.”
- A typical work day begins with… being woken up under protest by Inca and Cara, followed by breakfast, checking emails and social media.
- I lose track of time… when I’m reading, writing, or watching a good movie.
- I have always… loved animals. The intelligence and allure of cats has always enchanted me. But an animal that enthralls me is the elephant.
- I have never… tried eating escargot, although it is considered a delicacy in France.
- Home means to me… wherever my family and pets live.
- I am inspired by… Paris! The loveliest city that I have lived in, I never get tired of its character and beauty.
- I would like to meet… the Dalai Lama.
- My worst character trait… Impatience.
- My best character trait… Tranquility.
- The best advice I was given… time has a way of healing, just let go and let it be!
The Cats Who Crossed Over From Paris (Inca Cat Series, #1)
Inca, a Siberian puss, tells the story about her furry family – her brother Fromage, who is addicted to cheese and considers himself a cheese monger, and her sister, Cara, a gorgeous but timid Siamese. Inca, an avid fan of Dr. House, considers herself the leader of the troupe and responsible for the well-being of the family. They own, according to Inca, Missy, a young humanoid who has a well-established cheese shop in Paris. The story revolves around how Missy decides to move to London with her co-partners, Jacques and Genevieve, to run their new cheese shop and café. Can Fromage leave his pal, Charlotte, behind? Soon after arriving in London, the three cats accompany Missy to their neighbor’s house where they meet Monk, a blue Russian cat and Terrance, a golden retriever owned by their famous neighbor, a detective named Solo, living in the same compound in Kensington.
Things start to get interesting when Monk tries to help their neighbor, Polo, a sad little Pekinese whose mistress, a formerly well-known opera singer who is pining for her lost husband, has her valuable diamond necklace stolen. Can Inca and her family assist Monk and Terrance to recover the diamond necklace and resolve Polo’s problems?
Buy links: books2read.com/u/3yP2d6
Christmas Cats (Inca Cat Series, #2)
Another adventure story from Inca the extraordinary Siberian kitty-cat. It is Christmas time, and Inca is ready to enjoy the holiday season with her Siamese sister Cara and brother Fromage – the cheese loving Tabby cat, not to forget their adopted hamster Charlotte. Life turns interesting when their neighborhood tough dog – Boss comes around asking for help to save the loss of his master and domicile. Another mystery to solve with the help of their neighbors Monk the Blue Russian cat and Polo the Pekinese doggy. An eventful time is around the corner for the newly formed detective team headed by Inca.
Buy links: books2read.com/u/4N15g8