Heather Sunseri is a recovering CPA who began writing novels in order to escape the mundane life as a muggle. After twenty years in the corporate world, Heather decided to use her business savvy and curious mind to start a publishing business anchored by fictional stories. She is proof that one can be a numbers person and a creative… And that it’s never too late (or too early) to get a do over.
She’s married to the love of her life, mom to two amazing kids, and caregiver to the best golden retriever and one very needy cat. When she’s not writing, she’s making home-made pizza and drinking Kentucky bourbon..
My personal motto:
“Your best is all you can do.”
“Don’t be afraid to dream the impossible and then go for it.”
- A typical work day begins with… feeding my beloved Golden Retriever Jenny, saying good morning to my family, then a large mug of coffee, a phone conversation with a fellow writer (we talk nearly every day), and then I start writing.
- I lose track of time… when I’m on Twitter. Which, unfortunately, is way too often. You should join me there so that I can distract you. It’s fun!
- I have always… wanted to travel the world. My dream is to someday write as I travel the world with my husband.
- I have never… broken a bone or been seriously injured. I almost hated typing that for fear it might happen now that I’ve put it in writing.
- Home means to me… wherever my family is. Where I can be myself. Where I can wear pajamas all day and eat spaghetti or cake at 9 am if I wish. (And I often do.)
- I am inspired by… people willing to dream and go the distance until they that dream is a reality, or are willing to admit when the dream must be altered into a new dream and make that dream a reality.
- I would like to meet… Edward Snowden and Julian Assange because they’d be fantastic character studies that would provide endless ideas for future stories. And anyone who would inspire me to be creative and positive and loving to the world and people around me.
- My worst character trait… I’m impatient. When I want something, I want it yesterday.
- My best character trait… I’m determined. I believe everyone should reach their wildest dreams if they’re willing to do the work to get there.
- The best advice I was given… “Concentrate on the things you can control. Everything else is wasted time and energy.” (Now, if I could just remember that advice every day.)
Exposed in Darkness
Just days before the running of the biggest thoroughbred horse race in the world, an act of bioterrorism kills Kentucky’s lieutenant governor, and former FBI Special Agent Brooke Fairfax receives a video of the murder from her long-time anonymous source. When Brooke discovers domestic terrorists are actually after the governor—her late husband’s brother—and that the radicals are eyeing more targets, she heads to Kentucky to stop the threat.
Shortly after the political assassination, the FBI zeroes in on one person: international mogul Declan O’Roark. Though Brooke has been out of the game since her husband was murdered, her former boss thinks she is the perfect candidate to connect Declan to the crime.
Despite the FBI clearly establishing means and opportunity, Declan remains unfazed; his motives have nothing to do with murder, but with getting closer to Brooke Fairfax. And Brooke finds the case becoming even more unclear as she falls for the FBI’s number one suspect.
Release date: >>> >>> >>> January 10, 2017 <<< <<< <<<
Buy links: books2read.com/u/bzpAPE