Stephen Lomer has been writing books, novellas, short stories, and scripts for nearly a decade, and one or two of them are actually pretty good. A grammar nerd, Star Trek fan, and other things that chicks dig, Stephen is the creator, owner, and a regular contributor to the website Television Woodshed. He’s a hardcore fan of the Houston Texans, despite living in the Hub of the Universe his whole life, and believes Mark Twain was correct about pretty much everything. Stargazer Lilies or Nothing at All is his first self-published work.
Stephen lives on Boston’s North Shore with his wife, Teresa, and their cat, Duo.
My personal motto:
“You will never come up against a greater adversary than your own potential.”
- A typical work day begins with… a strong desire to go back to my comfy, comfy bed.
- I lose track of time… when I forget my Fitbit at home.
- I have always… been a nerd, and unless there’s a rift in the space-time continuum, always will be.
- I have never… eaten an entire birthday cake by myself. But the dream is still alive.
- Home means to me… a place to kick off my shoes and leave the weary world outside.
- I am inspired by… anyone who has a goal, no matter how small, and reaches it.
- I would like to meet… my future self and see how it all turns out.
- My worst character trait… is an obsessive need to have everything on “the grid.” If one remote control isn’t lined up perfectly with the others, it makes me NUTS.
- My best character trait… is my sense of humor. Which is not a very funny answer, I admit.
- The best advice I was given… is to “always be sincere, even if you don’t mean it.”
Stargazer Lilies or Nothing at All
Stargazer Lilies or Nothing at All is a collection of short stories that has a little something for everyone. See what life is like for the poor mother of an insufferable perfectionist in the title story. Find out what’s to be done to save the hipsters in “So Ten Minutes Ago.” Enjoy an updated take on the Goldilocks story in “Trouble Bruin.” Ponder how our choices define our lives in “The Haunting of Flattop Harris.” Stand in the shoes of a young nurse trying to save the tiniest of lives from a city’s destruction in “Wallflower and Casanova.”
PLUS! “Royally Screwed,” the story that serves as a prequel to the upcoming novel Typo Squad.
Buy links: http://amzn.to/2joBQhE