Dylan D. Debelis is a buckaroo in western shootout. His award-winning work is raw, playful, and cathartic.
Dylan is a minister, chaplain, poet, performer, and alligator wrestler based out of New York, NY.
His most recent full-length book of poetry, The Garage? Just Torch It. is out now through Vine Leaves Press.
Amazon: Dylan D. Debelis
My personal motto:
“If you can complain about it, you can write about it.”
“Try your best, take a nap, try your best again, and then another nap.”
- A typical (work) day begins with… dog hair.
- I lose track of time… when I’m with you.
- I have always… been a glutton for punishment.
- I have never… stopped.
- Home means to me… friends, beer, and music.
- I am inspired by… people and the things they carry.
- I would like to meet… someone who has this whole thing figured out.
- My worst character trait… is that I am flakier than cornflakes.
- My best character trait… is my stubborn drive to succeed.
- The best advice I was given… is that my only goal should be to leave this world a little better than I found it. So long as I work towards that I can never let myself down.
The Garage? Just Torch It.
A rally cry for the healing power of wonder and the disarming catharsis of grief, The Garage? Just Torch It. balances themes of belonging, love, politics, illness, family and forgiveness with stunning imagery and an intense playfulness. Paced as if the reader is moving through the belly of a burning building, each turn of the page represents the uncovering of the long-hidden, buried, and the better-left-forgotten.
Print length: 75 pages
Release date: December 12, 2016
Books > Literature & Fiction > Poetry > Themes & Styles > Death, Grief & Loss
Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Poetry > Religious & Inspirational
Literature & Fiction > Poetry > Themes & Styles > Inspirational & Religious