KM Fortune first decided to write an epic post-apocalyptic novel in a serial format when her favorite nephew begged her to write him a science fiction book “with lots of characters and cool stuff but don’t make it too long.” Trying to accommodate the millennial’s psyche, she created a dangerous new world filled with heroines and heroes, mutants and monsters. Drawing on her years of professional business writing experience, the intrigue and adventure quickly unfolded onto the pages of her exciting, short novel, Awakening – Book I: The Forever Winter Chronicles. KM Fortune lives in Salem, Oregon with her family.
My personal motto:
Both are writing related at the moment. I have them on a sticky note beside my bathroom mirror.
“It takes time.”
“And it all adds up.”
- A typical (work) day begins with… a 5 AM wake up so I can knock out an hour of writing while the house is quiet, followed by the feeding of our multiple litters of foster kittens.
- I lose track of time… 2. working in the yard or one our house remodel. I tend to let my mind drift to plot twists for novels further down the line on my series and lose myself completely.
- I have always… been a huge fan of Stephen King horror novels. I have been reading his books since I was very young and was inspired to be a writer by his book The Stand.
- I have never… seen the Northern Lights. I have travelled to a number of places on the planet, but so far the timing has never been right. It is on my bucket list.
- Home means to me… curled up on the couch with a warm blanket and a good book.
- I am inspired by… music. All kinds. It speaks to me and I listen to it constantly, especially when I am writing.
- I would like to meet… Oprah Winfrey. If I were meeting her, it means I have probably made it as an author, plus her interviews are always such fun.
- My worst character trait… fretting. I worry about everything and for absolutely no reason. My life is wonderful and I am so blessed.
- My best character trait… kindness, or so I hope. I believe it is the greatest gift we can to each other.
- The best advice I was given… “Live in the moment, don’t wish your life away.” My mom still reminds me regularly.
Awakening – Book 1
Book I: Awakening is the first installment of the serial novel “The Forever Winter Chronicles”.
The world is an empty wasteland where only the strongest and most cunning survive.
A woman’s body is pulled from the ice, preserved for generations. Believing she may have lived before the great plague, a scientist pleads with the council within his colony for permission to revive her. If the woman can be reanimated, the genetic treasure she carries within her could save humanity.
But not everyone believes humans are worth saving.
Book I: Awakening is the beginning an epic post-apocalyptic story written in the serial novel format. If you like a quick read filled with intrigue and adventure, mixed with conflict and heroism, then you will love KM Fortune’s new page-turning book. Explore the world of “The Forever Winter Chronicles” today and begin an unforgettable journey with Book I: Awakening.
Print length: 118 pages
Buy links: books2read.com/u/m2XWN1