Carmen lives in Manhattan near her beloved adult children. She owns a consulting firm and also contributes to her community by bringing to those who may have lost hope her story of strength as a demonstration that everyone has a purpose.
Amazon: Carmen Ashe
My personal motto:
“I am not competing with anyone other than myself. I want to be excellent at whatever I do.” (Maya Angelou)
- A typical (work) day begins with… a punch list of things I want to accomplish that day.
- I lost track of time… once I lost my husband.
- I have always… wanted to skydive.
- I have never… believed your past determines your future.
- Home means to me… a place of love and inner peace.
- I am inspired by… women who despite their circumstance manage to prevail.
- I would like to meet… my younger self now.
- My worst character trait… is I am neurotic with time.
- My best character trait… is my honesty and loyalty.
- The best advice I was given… was “everything is not for everybody.”
I Have a Purpose
Carmen has always been a fighter. She has fought to escape the control of her dominating father, carried the dark secret of an abusive family member, and been beaten by a boyfriend who would rather see her dead than let her go. Her mother can’t protect her, and Carmen knows that she is the only one who can save herself.
All that changes when she meets Tony. From their first conversation, they know that they’ve found something special in one another. But when a confrontation with a family friend sends Tony to prison, Carmen is forced to make a difficult choice. Should she give up the love of her life, or risk everything to save her marriage?
Through one tragedy after another, Carmen is forced to rely on her own inner strength to keep herself and her family from falling apart forever.
In this uplifting narrative, Carmen and Tony face betrayal, loss, and hardship. I Have a Purpose celebrates the lessons pain can teach us and the joy that true love can bring to our lives, no matter what the circumstances may be.
Print length: 242 pages
Buy link Amazon: books2read.com/u/3L90J5
Buy link B&N: Barnes & Noble