Terry Lynne Hale is an author and freelance writer with a passion for, well, a lot of things! She is passionate about reading, writing, the Internet, family, friends, pets, vibrant health, the environment, wildlife preservation, protecting 2nd amendment rights, and death with dignity-to name some passions.
Her first book, Ageless Internet – Internet Basics for Boomers and Seniors, won the 2012 Indie Excellence Award in its genre.
This year she self-published The Straightforward Internet – Your Simplified Guide to Exploring Everything from Basics to Social Media to the Deep Web, geared for Gen-Exers and everyone else who’s been reluctant to embrace all that the digital universe offers. The Straightforward Internet earned her Indie Reader Approved status with a 4 star review.
Hale became interested in alternative health and optimal nutrition when she embarked on self-employment in 2001. In addition to freelancing, she became a wellness consultant and has voraciously studied the work of many doctors, authors, nutritionists, and scientists since. Her calling has revolved around helping, and sharing information that benefits others.
Hale lives in Kansas City with her husband and their extremely willful cat, Stinker. Her 3rd book, Interview 2017, is scheduled to be published later this summer.
The Straightforward Internet on Amazon
Ageless Internet on Amazon
My personal mottoes:
“To Thine Own Self Be True.”
“This too, will pass.”
- A typical (work) day begins with… coffee – doctored with a touch of milk and Pure Monk fruit sweetener.
- I lose track of time… when engrossed in a creative project.
- I have always… gotten back up after being knocked down.
- I have never… been pregnant but have been blessed with many fur-babies in this lifetime.
- Home means to me… my sanctuary.
- I am inspired by… music, sunrises, sunsets, the mountain, and the ocean.
- I would like to meet… author Steven Pressfield.
- My worst character trait… impatience.
- My best character trait… persistence.
- The best advice I was given… was by my oldest sister after my first divorce “Everyone is entitled to make their own mistakes.”
The Straightforward Internet
Did you know the average human attention span is 8 seconds? Did you know it was 12 seconds in Y2K? Did you know that a goldfish has a longer attention span by one second? Great Scott!
The Straightforward Internet is an easy-going read, intended for the Gen-Xer – formerly reluctant to accept the Internet but now knows it’s here to stay – AND the technologically competent Gen-Xer who grasps the fluid landscape of the Digital Universe and wants to keep up with it! And this book is intended for anyone else who falls into one of these categories.
The Straightforward Internet covers a lot in a few pages (that attention span thing..)
Are you looking for Basics like:
* Internet, and device (desktop/laptop/smart phone/tablet) basics?
* differences between DSL, Satellite, Wi-Fi or 4G?
* how to spot and avoid scams?
* how viruses spread and how to protect your identity from thieves?
* Instant Messaging, and emails that disappear?
Are you fascinated by Intermediate subjects like:
* social media and dating sites?
* Internet auctions?
* photo, and media sites?
* cloud storage, and zip utilities?
* the naughty side of social media, illegal auctions, and shock sites?
Are you intrigued about Advanced information like:
* Easter Egg Hunts?
* Virtual Private Networks (VPN)?
* the Darknet Marketplace?
* the economics of Bitcoins and how to use?
You’ll get answers to these topics and more in The Straightforward Internet.
If you are one of the millions that appreciated the film Back to the Future, you will enjoy the friendly, easy-going writing style of this author. Join her on a cyberspace exploration (with occasional reflection on the experiences of Marty & Doc.)
Print length: 110 pages
Buy links: books2read.com/u/478Za7
THE WONDROUS WORLD WIDE WEB – SIMPLIFIED!
Ageless Internet is a simplified guide to the wondrous world wide web. Geared for Baby Boomers and Seniors, this book will benefit anyone who has stood on the cyber sidelines too long.
Like ROUTE 66, the famous 2448 mile highway that ran through 8 states connecting farmers and vacationers from the 1920s through the 1950s, the Information Superhighway is just too cool to miss!
Your daughter “friended you” on Facebook, your nephew sent a Tweet, your granddaughter wants to use a webcam to keep in touch in real time, and your sister wants to keep you in the loop via email. The 21st century seems overwhelming. Relax, the solution is within reach.
YOU WILL LEARN:
* Which security programs will keep you safe online
* Terminology you need to know to have fun on the Net
* How to effectively and efficiently perform an Internet Search
* How to maximize your productivity online
* How to separate authentic review sites from affiliate landing pages
* You will learn about websites of interest to Boomers and Seniors and much, much more!
Whether for yourself or a loved one, Ageless Internet simplifies a complex world, navigating the Net so you can enjoy the Wondrous World Wide Web.
Print length: 134 pages
Buy links: books2read.com/u/3nOYl6