Historical fiction novelist and a secondary teacher, Luciana Cavallaro, likes to meander between contemporary life to the realms of mythology and history. Luciana has always been interested in Mythology and Ancient History but her passion wasn’t realised until seeing the Colosseum and the Roman Forum. From then on, she was inspired to write Historical Fantasy.
She has spent many lessons promoting literature and the merits of ancient history. Today, you will still find Luciana in the classroom, teaching ancient history and promoting literature. To keep up-to-date with her ramblings, ahem, that is meanderings subscribe to her mailing list.
You can also join her street team http://eepurl.com/bjVhkL.
Mailing list: http://eepurl.com/brIbFf
My personal mottoes:
“Persevere until you bleed!”
“Keep your goal always at the forefront of your mind, and never give up!”
- A typical (work) day begins with… waking to the alarm at 5am, showering, eating breakfast and driving to work at 7am! Spend the day teaching high school students, attend meetings, head home, exercise, shower, get dinner ready, prepare lunches, then eat dinner, spend an hour or two in the office, sit and watch a little TV before hitting the sack!
- I lose track of time… when I am writing, creating promos on Canva, reading and being out taking photographs.
- I have always… loved drawing, working with clay, reading and writing!
- I have never… smoked a cigarette.
- Home means to me… being safe, secure and surrounded by my family.
- I am inspired by… extraordinary people who endure so much to overcome their disabilities and disadvantages in life, and live it to fullest without bitterness.
- I would like to meet… Cleopatra. She achieved so much in a world dominated by men.
- My worst character trait… lack of patience, which I am working to be better at!
- My best character trait… generosity and listening to people.
- The best advice I was given… “No-one knows anything.”
Search for the Golden Serpent
(Servants of the Gods, Book 1)
Evan has been having some very strange dreams.
The Perth-based architect dismissed an unexpected phone call from an entrepreneur in Greece, asking him to restore his family home, as the ravings of a crank. Until, that is, the dreams begin, each more vivid than the last. A dream encounter with a mysterious character called Zeus sees him catapulted back in time to 500 years before the birth of Christ.
Evan finds himself quickly embroiled in a plot to prevent the birth of Christianity, an unwilling player in an epic struggle between the old gods and the new, fighting for his life.
Print length: 426 pages
Amazon – http://mybook.to/SFTGS
Smashwords – https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/520605
B & N – http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/books/1121251960?ean=2940046584288
Bookbub – https://partners.bookbub.com/my_books
Createspace – https://www.createspace.com/5346063
Five stories, five women, five legends.
Phaedra, a Minoan princess, marries out of duty and to safeguard her precious home. She falls in love with Hippolytos, her husband’s son and asks the Goddess Aphrodite for help. He spurns her affections.
The Trojan War, one of history’s greatest stories ever told. What if the legend as told is wrong? History is told by the victors, and facts changed to twist the truth. Is it possible Helen of Sparta never went to Troy?
Hera, Queen of the Gods, is the most powerful goddess on Mount Olympos. For the first time ever in a candid interview, Hera shares what it’s like to be a goddess and wife to Zeus, the King of the Gods.
Created by the gods as a gift to humanity, Pandora is the first woman on Earth. Did she know what Zeus intended when he presented an urn as a wedding dowry to her husband? Neither she nor Epimetheus knew what it contained, but they were told never to open it.
All Medousa wanted was a life of love and acceptance but one fateful night it changed. While she’s alone in the Temple of Athene tending to the sacred fire, Poseidon pays a visit. No human can stop an immortal from taking what they want.
Print length: 218 pages