Tamara Palmer knew she was going to be a writer before she could even write. She would play elaborate dramas out with her Barbies for days, even weeks, on end. As she got older, the stories made their way onto a typewriter. Tamara obtained a BA in English/Creative Writing from Eastern Illinois University, and has had a handful of short stories and essays published online and in print. Tamara blogs frequently for the career advisement business she founded in 2012, greyzone.
Missing Tyler is her first novel. She lives just outside Chicago with her husband, daughter, and assortment of pets.
Amazon: Tamara Palmer
FB mailing list: https://www.facebook.com/tamarapalmerauthor/app/100265896690345/
Buy link: https://www.amazon.com/Missing-Tyler-Tamara-Palmer/dp/1542884705/
My personal motto:
“The problem is, you think you have time.” (Gautama Buddha)
- A typical (work) day begins with… planning my day. I essentially run two businesses being both a Fiction Author and a Job search Coach. I have to balance my time carefully in order to give each venture its proper attention. Additionally, I’m a Mom of an eight year old girl and an assortment of five different species of animals. It’s a bit of a zoo. Sometimes I choose the spa over anything productive.
- I lose track of time… oh how I wish this were true! I can’t recall the last time I was so into something that I lost track of time.
- I have always… wanted to write.
- I have never… smoked a cigarette.
- Home means to me… nesting on my couch on a Saturday morning while reading a great book, drinking coffee with my cat perched on my lap, my dog at my feet and my girl reading beside me. Hubby’s usually enjoying a chance to sleep in.
- I am inspired by… Rainbow Rowell.
- I would like to meet… or have met Madeleine L’Engle.
- My worst character trait… is my inability to slow down.
- My best character trait… is my boundless creative thinking. I can brainstorm my way through anything.
- The best advice I was given… was how to use simple math and timing to break down a dream into a plan.
Summer break has just begun and Kit Carlin is on her way to a funeral — to bury her twin brother. Kit has to find a way to put the broken puzzle of her life back together following Tyler’s death. She navigates through grief and family trauma by finding support in unexpected places, and in a growing understanding of what comes after life. There’s laughter and tears, summer beach time on the New Jersey shore, and the complicated “rollercoaster” of young love, jealousy, and sex. The joys and pains of Kit’s fifteenth summer lead her through a unique journey of recovery and self-discovery — and leave her changed forever.
Print length: 228 pages
Buy link eBook: books2read.com/u/3yZ7ze