A big thanks to Karen for helping me promote my newest series. Since my latest fantasy adventure series, War of Nytefall: Loyalty, revolves around vampires, we’re going to go over some positive things to keep in mind when hanging out with the undead. (For fun, check out the opposing list on John W. Howell’s blog.)
- You can easily get free meals when going out with a vampire. Once you’re done, have your friend pretend to choke or fake a heart attack then ‘drop dead’. It isn’t like they have a pulse or need to breathe. Who’s really going to make the grieving friend pay for that small, undercooked, and overpriced steak?
- Don’t you hate it when you open a can of soda or beer and the pull tab snaps off? Not a problem if you have a vampire. One stab with a fang and it’s open for drinking. You might have to give them something to drink as well as thanks. Best not to share that part of the deal.
- No matter how old you get, your vampire friend is older. Always boosts the self-esteem and confidence.
- Vampiric super strength and speed is a godsend when moving furniture. Be nice and put padding around the wooden legs though. Last thing you want is for them to trip down the stairs and get an accidental staking. Getting ashes or blood out of the underside of a couch is a nightmare.
- Save money during the summer by having your vampire friend turn into a bat and eat the mosquitoes. No need for those torches, lights, and sprays any more. Oddest thing is that they have no problem devouring these insects unlike most foods.
- Doubles in tennis will be an easy win as long as the games are indoors or at night. If people have a problem then point out that the rules don’t state if your partner has to be alive or dead. As long as they can play the game, everything is good.
- Vampires will always be happy to stay up late with you. Perfect for insomnia or trying to do a massive binge watching before work. Best thing is that they never hog the popcorn or bathroom. You might have to give them the remote though.
- Papers that require historical research will be a lot easier with a vampire friend. Maybe a little trouble with citations, but you’ll get some interesting stories. Okay, this might help you more with creative writings classes.
- They always have some of the best Halloween party locations. Crypts, cemeteries, old castles, and whatever else you want for a creepy atmosphere. Things can get even better if they dip into their collection of dungeon equipment. You still have no idea why every vampire has one of those.
- They will never get on your case about missing church or temple. After all, who are they to talk?
In the wake of the Great Cataclysm, a new predator will emerge within Windemere’s shadow.
For fifty years, Clyde has remained buried while the rest of the vampires have been battling against their enemies. Only Mab believes that her former partner survived his execution and is determined to bring him back to the city of Nyte. Retrieving the vampiric thief is only the beginning as he comes out of the ground stronger, faster, and demonstrating powers that their kind have never witnessed throughout their ancient history. Thrown into the war, Clyde must be careful to hide his true nature while fighting alongside his old friends. Too bad he is having so much fun that keeping his secret might be furthest from his mind.
Will anyone be ready for the rise of the Dawn Fangs?
Charles Yallowitz was born and raised on Long Island, NY, but he has spent most of his life wandering his own imagination in a blissful haze. Occasionally, he would return from this world for the necessities such as food, showers, and Saturday morning cartoons. One day he returned from his imagination and decided he would share his stories with the world. After his wife decided that she was tired of hearing the same stories repeatedly, she convinced him that it would make more sense to follow his dream of being a fantasy author. So, locked within the house under orders to shut up and get to work, Charles brings you Legends of Windemere. He looks forward to sharing all of his stories with you, and his wife is happy he finally has someone else to play with.