I have worked in Europe and Asia for various organisations and now live in Munich, Germany. As well as writing material for magazines, educational publishers, websites and myself, I’m a qualified business coach, trainer and moderator.
I write short stories for various magazines including Business Spotlight, Spotlight (Germany) and Speak Up! (Italy). Some of these stories you can also listen to on my podcast ‘Behind the Bottom Line’ in which I read my magazine stories and explain something about their real life background:
I’m working on a thriller set in Munich, Zagreb, Venice and London.
I’m married and we have seven children, three dogs and a sinister black fish that lives in a small tank in our bathroom. It scares the shit out of me.
Short story podcast: https://anchor.fm/dashboard
My personal motto:
“If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans.” (Woody Allen)
- A typical (work) day begins with… letting the dogs out into the garden while I make myself some tea.
- I lose track of time… when I have a story idea that works as I get it onto paper.
- I have always… wanted to be a champion ballroom dancer.
- I have never… visited the US. I feel like I’m one of the few people left who hasn’t.
- Home means to me… good tea.
- I am inspired by… deadlines.
- I would like to meet… Jane Austen.
- My worst character trait… I care too much what people think of me.
- My best character trait… I try very hard to keep my promises.
- The best advice I was given… “You don’t have to be someone. It’s enough to just be.”
Good answers. Thanks, Karen.
Thank you, John. I am still looking for interesting statements, cannot provide them as often as I would like to, though.
I’m sure you are very busy. I always enjoy them. 😁
I find it interesting that you have a black fish in your bathroom. And when I read you have seven children, all I could think – is that is a lot of laundry (I always think in terms of laundry produced, laundry is my albatross!
Some fish do seem creepy; if one or more of the children love it – James does not stand a chance.
Laundry – a necessary evil: great hint, by the way. 😉
Interesting motto, although I despise Woody Allen.
It seems that even persons we despise occasionally say something worthwhile, Michael. Just a few evenings ago I said something similar to my husband, “You know that I cannot stand that guy; in this case, he is spot on.”