Aja has been writing stories since the age of six, and novels since the age of thirteen. While she’d be the first to admit that those early efforts weren’t particularly good, she sure loved putting them down on paper!
The best part of writing, according to Aja, is that it’s completely organic, the way the stories develop. When the inspiration hits, she writes just so she herself can learn where the characters are headed because oftentimes, they take her by surprise! It is her ultimate dream to share her stories with as many readers as she possibly can.
Her other loves include art, cooking, old movies (anything with Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Robert Redford, Vivien Leigh, Elizabeth Taylor, Paul Newman, Clark Gable, and all the song and dance numbers because she can’t watch them and not be happy!)
She adores taking long walks with her husband and running after her two rambunctious kids. She has traveled extensively (all seven continents except Antarctica) and has a multi-cultural upbringing. She speaks two and a half languages and binge watch TV shows when the mood strikes.
Aja loves hearing from readers, so please contact her directly! Subscribe to her blog at: https://aja-james.blog/ to get the latest news and updates and free chapters in upcoming books!
Find me… I would love to hear from you:
My personal mottos:
“Everything happens for a reason.”
“Do what you love, love what you do.”
- A typical (work) day begins with… dragging myself out of bed to get my 2 boys (both under age 5) dressed, fed and ready for school, while being a slave to their every need (Mommy, I want milk! Mommy, I need a wet wipe!) and chugging down my coffee while I can.
- I lose track of time… after marrying an Argentinean. It’s pointless to keep time with Latins.
- I have always… dreamed of being a best-selling novelist, ever since I was 13 and wrote my first novel.
- I have never… been to Antarctica, nor will I ever go there, but I have worked, lived or studied in every other continent
- Home means to me… where I’m surrounded by my family and can walk around in my PJs all day with impunity.
- I am inspired by… just about anything, especially frustrating situations. For example, haven’t you ever wondered why you never sit next to a hot, interesting guy who might be Mr. Right on any public transportation? I wonder all the time. So this led to the first scene in Book 3 in my series.
- I would like to meet… all of my favorite romance authors – J.R. Ward, Deborah Cooke, Jacquelyn Frank, Julie Anne Long, Tessa Dare, Mary Balogh, Elizabeth Hoyt among others.
- My worst character trait… is that I can’t stand boredom for even a minute, and that I get bored very easily. So I’m frequently frustrated with myself and often take on too many things, which then lead me to be a neurotic insomniac.
- My best character trait… is that I can multi-task like nobody’s business and thrive under stress (but only when it’s of my own creation).
- The best advice I was given… is that if you haven’t failed, it means you haven’t aimed high enough.
Pure Healing: A Novel of the Pure Ones
(Pure / Dark Ones, #1)
Enter the world of Pure Ones, a race of immortal, supernaturally powerful beings who protect humankind, where sexual intercourse with anyone other than one’s Eternal Mate leads to a slow, painful death within thirty days.
The Healer of the race, Rain, is the only exception to this rule. To harness and accumulate enough energy to heal severe wounds, especially as the war between her people and the vampire hordes accelerates, she must take a Consort once every ten years and draw strength from his blood and body. But as the war wears on, few Pure-males who are strong enough to serve as her Consort remain. Valerius, Protector of the race, is the strongest candidate.
Despite their instant attraction ten years ago when they first met, Valerius has staunchly avoided applying to be the Healer’s Consort. The brutality and violence he suffered as a Roman sex slave in his human life ate away at his soul, leaving a dark abyss of torment and self-doubt.
Now, as Rain’s strength drains with every healing act, Valerius cannot escape the fact that he may be the only one who can save her, and in so doing, afford his people greater hope for the future as battles intensify.
Will Rain and Valerius find their way to each other as the struggles between good and evil evolve?
Print length: 334 pages
Buy link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0080LVZA0
Dark Longing: A Novel of the Dark Ones
(Pure / The Dark Ones, #2)
“Every story has more than one side, like a crystal that captures and reflects different colors of light. Do not take for granted what you think you know, for until you hold the entire jewel in your palm, the temptation is to fall prey to illusion and deception.”
This is a story of the Dark Ones…
Inanna: the vampire warrior
Known as the Angel of Death among her kind, she has lived millennia alone, one of the remaining True Bloods in existence, unconsciously longing for the one male she could never have.
Gabriel: the forbidden human
His soul recognizes hers from the first encounter. With the first touch, he is awakened. Though he does not know it, he has been searching for her across the ages.
But even as they are finally reunited, their love faces seemingly impossible odds. Will history repeat itself or will they break all the rules and chart a new course together?
Print length: 335 pages
Buy link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077993M4N