JP (Jo-Anne) McLean lives and writes on the coast of British Columbia, which is also featured largely in her work. She is the author of The Gift Legacy, a contemporary fantasy series which reviewers call addictive, smart and fun. Jo-Anne is a certified SCUBA diver, who has called the USA, Mexico and Canada home. When she’s not writing, Jo-Anne enjoys gardening, cooking and reading.
My personal motto:
“Be kind (it’s free), be grateful (you have more than you know).”
- A typical work day begins with… caffeine, preferably sipped while in bed, and if not, while in a housecoat.
- I lose track of time… when writing … or reading … or gardening – oh dear… seems I’m easily distracted.
- I have always… sought waves.
- I have never… successfully pull-started any gas engine.
- Home means to me… feeling welcome, and a warm embrace.
- I am inspired by… people who are physically and mentally challenged.
- I would like to meet… my maternal grandfather – I never knew him.
- My worst character trait… perfectionist.
- My best character trait… sense of humour.
- The best advice I was given… the value of a minute (from a wise manager many years ago).
Every Gift has its Price . . .
When Emelynn Taylor accepts a mysterious gift from a stranger, her life alters irrevocably. Haunted by terrifying abilities she can’t control, Emelynn returns to her abandoned home on the British Columbia coast where she vows to take command of her unruly gift. A near-fatal miscalculation drops her into the hands of a man who takes her breath away and an underground society who share the gift; but as they steer her into unknown territory, secrets surface and conspiracies are revealed. Will Emelynn master her dangerous gift and escape the unfolding web of perils before they take her life?
Purchase links (global Amazon links):
Upcoming reviews (please refer to ‘Reviews with deadline’ widget):
The Gift: Redemption (The Gift Legacy, #3)
The Gift: Penance (The Gift Legacy, #4) – later this year
Stay tuned – there will be a fifth book! 🙂